You’ve signed up for a TRI Alliance Manual Certification class, now it’s time to make sure you are prepared. If you have any questions, contact Lisa Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425.269.3201
The following materials should be reviewed before the class begins. 10 points on the test will be related to this pre-work.
Directions – Watch a 5 minute Intro to TRI Alliance video: https://youtu.be/Q9oCK2lwXJM
Review Questions (for self study)
1. Are producers of synthetic tiles part of the TRI Alliance?
2. Does the TRI Concrete and Clay Installation Manual provide best practices for tile roofing or minimum code requirements?
Directions – Watch the video on Roof Tile Profiles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0aKvHu77vY&t=9s
Tools: Installation Manual, highlighter, Benefits of Above Sheathing Ventilation article (link below).
Directions – Read the Benefits of Above Sheathing Ventilation article at http://www.roofingmagazine.com/benefits-sheathing-ventilation/
1. What benefits would Above Sheathing Ventilation provide in the climate you work in most of the time? (Reduced energy cost, reduced ice damming, more consistent underlayment temperature, reduced condensation in a cool humid zone?)
Tools: Installation Manual, highlighter, Article: “Swing Tape & Layout Methods Make Tile Layout Easy” (link below), 9 minute Video (link below)
1. Read the article on Swing Tape & Layout Methods at http://www.roofingmagazine.com/swing-tape-layout-methods-make-tile-layout-easy/
2. Watch the video on Roof Layout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDwVe3Nmo8&t=168s
1. What method do you use for layout of your horizontal rows?
2. Can you layout tile with less than the manufacturer minimum standard of 3”?
Download and review this technical bulletin: