Concrete & Clay Roof Tile Installation Manual Certification
TRI’s Installation Manual Certification program is a one day course designed to provide training on how to install tile roofs in compliance with current code requirements. The course is based on the code approved Concrete and Clay Roof Tile Installation Manual.
The TRI Certification is targeted to entry level roofers, or more experienced roofers of other materials such as asphalt who want to expand their skill into tile. This course can also be used as a refresher for consultants, inspectors, and those on the roof that want to stay up to date on codes and proper procedures. Lessons Include:
- Single and double layer underlayment
- Vent pipe flashing
- Direct deck application
- Batten layout options
- Counter batten installation
- Roof layout and load
Roof Tile Installation
- Eaves details
- Eaves at a flush wall
- Skylights & chimneys
- Hips & ridges
- Gable and eave installation—barrel tile
- Dormer vents
- Slope change applications
- Tile repairs and replacements
- Pre-engineered roof system
- High-wind conditions
The one day program ends with a 50-question, open book test. Those who pass the test will receive their TRI Certification Card which is valid for 2 years. They will also be listed by company in the Find a Contractor search on the TRI web site. If a certified individual changes companies, there will be a $75 administrative fee to change their listing. Or, the certified person can renew early and re-set their certification date and company information. Companies with certified employees can show the TRI certification logo on their marketing materials stating that they have “TRI Certified” employees on staff.
Use of the TRI Certification Logo
We encourage you to use the TRI Certification logo in your marketing materials as long as your certification is current. Rules for use:
- Your Certification expires 2 years from the date of your original class.
- If you are not listed in the contractor search, your certification has expired. You must contact the Tile Roofing Institute at 425-269-3201 or email Lisa Jensen to verify eligibility for on-line renewal.
- If eligible you may renew online or in person by passing a 15-question test that includes questions related to manual changes, code updates and general installation requirements.
- By participating in TRI training you agree to stop using TRI Certification logos and any reference to TRI Certification in your marketing materials when your Certification expires.