On-line Certification Renewal Requirements
Online renewal is only available for certifications that are about to expire or have expired within the past 2 years*. If your certification has lapsed for more than 2 years, you must attend an on-site TRI Installation Manual Certification class and re-take the 50-question text. If you are unsure of your status please contact us before you register for the on-line renewal. Contact Lisa Jensen by email or phone 425-269-3201 with any questions.
*Note: Your new expiration date will be 2 years from your previous expiration date whether you renew early or late. In other words, if your certification expired 01/05/2016 and you renew today, your new expiration date will be 1/05/2018.
Steps to Renew Online:
- Go to tri.digitalchalk.com to create an account using your email address.
- Click on the Catalog tab
- Add the TRI Installer Certification Renewal course to your cart and purchase the course
- Review the online course
- Complete the online exam (15 questions)
The cost to renew is $99. Once you’ve completed the online course and exam, TRI will send you an updated renewal card. Please contact Lisa Jensen at 425-269-3201 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Note: The High Wind Certification (Florida) renewal is only available at in-person manual update seminars or high-wind certification classes and qualifies for 2 CE Credits. On-line renewal will be available soon. Check the training schedule for on-site Florida High Wind classes.
Details about your Renewal
Renew your TRI Certification to continue receiving the benefits of the program. Benefits include being listed on the TRI website in the Find a Contractor search. TRI’s certification designations are valid for two years. Your name will be removed from the listing when your certification expires. You can choose to renew your certification on-line or attend the first 2 hours a scheduled training classes. After passing a short 15-question test, your certification will be extended 2 years past your previous expiration date. Note: If your certification has expired you must stop using the TRI logos in your marketing materials. See note below for rules of use.
To Renew In Person:
This option will depend on space available in upcoming training classes. Contact TRI National Training Manager John Jensen by email or phone: 206-241-5774 for more information.
Use of the TRI Certification Logo
We encourage you to use the TRI Certification logo in your marketing materials as long as your certification is current. Rules for use:
- Your Certification expires 2 years from the date of your original class.
- If you are not listed in the contractor search, your certification has expired. You must contact the Tile Roofing Institute at 425-269-3201 or email Lisa Jensen to verify eligibility for on-line renewal.
- If eligible you may renew online or in person by passing a 15-question test that includes questions related to manual changes, code updates and general installation requirements.
- By participating in TRI training you agree to stop using TRI Certification logos and any reference to TRI Certification in your marketing materials when your Certification expires.