On-line Certification Renewal Requirements
Online renewal is only available for certifications that are about to expire or have expired within the past 6 months. If your certification has lapsed for more than 6 months, you must attend an on-site TRI Installation Manual Certification class and re-take the 50-question text. If you are unsure of your status please contact us before you register for the on-line renewal. Contact Lisa Jensen by email or phone 425-269-3201 with any questions.
Steps to Renew Online:
If your certification expired within the past six months, or is about to expire, please take the following steps to renew:
- Go to tri.digitalchalk.com to create an account
- Click on the Catalog tab
- Add the TRI Installer Certification Renewal course to your cart and purchase the course
- Review the online course
- Complete the online exam (15 questions)
We offer a low-priced renewal fee of $89 thru February 29th, 2016. The rate will increase to $99, effective March 1, 2016. Once you’ve completed the online course and exam, TRI will send you an updated renewal card. Please contact Lisa Jensen at 425-269-3201 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Note: Our High Wind Certification (Florida) renewal is currently under review and will be added soon. Check the training schedule for on-site Florida High Wind classes.
Details about your Renewal
Renew your TRI Certification to continue receiving the benefits of the program. Benefits include being listed on the TRI website in the Find a Contractor search. TRI’s certification designations are valid for two years. After two years, you can choose to renew your certification on-line or attend the first 2 hours of one of our scheduled training classes. After passing a short 15-question test your certification will be extended 2 years past your current expiration date. Note: If your certification has expired you must stop using the TRI logos in your marketing materials. See note below for rules of use.
To Renew In Person:
This option will depend on space available in upcoming training classes. Contact TRI National Training Manager John Jensen by email or phone: 206-241-5774 for more information.
Use of the TRI Certification Logo
We encourage you to use the TRI Certification logo in your marketing materials as long as your certification is current. Rules for use:
- Your Certification expires 2 years from the date of your original class.
- If you are not listed in the contractor search, your certification has expired. You must contact the Tile Roofing Institute at 425-269-3201 or email Lisa Jensen to verify eligibility for on-line renewal.
- If eligible you may renew online or in person by passing a 15-question test that includes questions related to manual changes, code updates and general installation requirements.
- By participating in TRI training you agree to stop using TRI Certification logos and any reference to TRI Certification in your marketing materials when your Certification expires.